Top Tips on Facial Tanning!
We are feeling very holiday mode-ish in Sculpted recently, maybe it's the two bank holidays in a row or the bursts of sunshine we've been getting, but it's inspired us to talk about tan!
Us Irish gals love a bit of tan and while we all are fairly savvy on our body tans, how to apply, what formula suits our skin etc, I feel a lot of people are still a little afraid of face tan! (And if you're applying body tan to your face please stop now!!)
Any of us who are naturally quite pale seem to have a fear of face tan, or worried that it will show up too orange toned.
If your skin is in anyways sensitive, or prone to breakouts, it's best to use a separate facial tanner that won't clog pores or cling to any dry patches.
My favourite type of face tan are tanning drops, they are really easy to use and you can apply alongside your own moisturiser or serum, so you're not upsetting or changing your normal skincare routine!
Here's my Top Tips on Facial Tanning;
- Firstly pop on a headband so that you can see your full face and it's really important to tan right up to the hairline to get the most natural glow.
- Make sure your skin is squeaky clean, and like preparing for body tan, prep the skin by cleansing and exfoliating to get rid of any dry skin.
- My favourite type of facial tan are tan drops, so I would add 3-4 tan drops in with my serum or moisturiser, and apply all over the face using a clean buffer brush.
- Make sure you apply your tan and serum / moisturiser all over the face, right up to the hairline, and down around the jawline to blend it in with your body tan.
- If you want, you can pop a little vaseline onto your brows so that you don't stain them.
- Tanning drops generally give me a glow for about 3 days, they are actually quite long lasting and the lovely thing about tanning drops is that the tan wears away very evenly.
- Wake up looking like a bronzed babe!!
- Cleanse and Moisturise as per your usual routine to keep you skin looking amazing!
Here I am bare faced with a few drops of medium / dark tan on!
Here's 3 of my favourite facial tans at the moment;
1) TanLuxe Illuminating Tanning Drops €39.95
These are gorgeous tanning drops, they come in shades light/medium or medium/dark. I use medium/dark as you can control your colour by how many drops you add to your moisturiser or serum. I wouldn't use these every day as they can build up to be quite orange, but every third day would be fine.
2) James Read Sleep Mask Tan €30
Another one that I like is the James Read Sleep Mask Tan. This one actually has moisturiser mixed into it, so you can apply it directly to the skin. I'd still use my buffer brush to apply this just to be on the safe side. It has a lovely subtle finish and is more of a bronze than golden finish.
3) Charlotte Tilbury Overnight Bronze and Glow Mask €48
This is a really subtle product, it almost feels like more of a gradual tanner than the others. I'd say it creates more of a natural radiance than a tanned effect as such.
And I couldn't survive with my buffer brush to apply these! It just makes the process so much easier and really gives a lovely natural finish too!
Lots of love,